Proudly serving the Fitchburg, Massachusetts community, our methadone clinic provides adults struggling with addiction the ability to recover from heroin, oxycodone, Percocet, and other opiates.
Benefits of Individual Therapy for Opioid Abuse
In order to successfully overcome an addiction to opioids, patients must receive treatment for both the physical and emotional components of their addictive behaviors. Because the reasons why an individual turned to abuse substances in the first place is often embedded deeply in numerous factors, treatment must address these factors in order to help patients progress in recovery. While medication-assisted treatment works to alleviate the physical symptoms of withdrawal, patients must also obtain support for the psychological factors of their addiction. By utilizing individual therapy within a comprehensive plan of treatment, patients are able to experience the following benefits:
- Addressing past traumatic situations that may have led patients to abuse substances in the first place
- Creating new perspectives in relation to both the obvious as well as potential underlying causes of one’s addictive behaviors
- Developing new and healthy techniques for handling stress
- Handling challenges and/or achievements during the course of treatment in an appropriate manner
- Forming new ways to avoid or handle situations in which drug use may be available and tempting
- Generating personal goals for both the present and future
As soon as patients understand the causes behind their addictive behaviors, they will be able to progress towards a future without substance abuse in following the guidance and techniques provided to them by our team of counselors. Individual therapy allows patients to work one-on-one with an experienced counselor in order to appropriately move forward in their treatment.
Additionally, those who take part in individual therapy will experience the following throughout the therapeutic process:
- An increased level of self-confidence
- Improved self-esteem
- Lower levels of stress
- An increased sense of self-awareness
Building a Foundation for Opioid Abuse Recovery
Fitchburg Comprehensive Treatment Center believes that individual therapy is crucial in the treatment of opioid addiction. When patients are provided with a safe environment in which to openly discuss their behaviors and emotions, they are able to realize substance-free futures. Individual therapy provides patients with the treatment, support, and compassion that are necessary for lasting recovery. These sessions also allow patients to be monitored to ensure that they are progressing properly throughout the course of treatment. Sessions also provide patients with a safe atmosphere in which to address and issues or concerns that may arise during treatment.
Please contact Fitchburg Comprehensive Treatment Center today to learn more about individual therapy as well as the other treatment options that we offer. We are here to assist you or someone you love in breaking free from the dangerous cycle of opioid addiction.